- Build out business plan to include a financial roadmap for operationalizing KAPA Food Hub
- Update mission and vision statements to articulate need
- Suggest business model, legal structure, and operating structure
- Identify key consumer segments in local marketplace; assess demand for local food and customer purchasing threshold; and recommend strategies for targeting each customer group
- Identify new distribution channels for KAPA products (greenhouse/ hydroponic and farm produce, animal proteins, and value-add food products)
- Prospect for new sales channels regionally (retail and wholesale), including community food program food sales.
- Analyze COGS and appropriate margins for products that are price competitive within the wholesale marketplace.
- Develop price structure, intake process, and outbound order platform for the food hub to connect KAPA producers to low-income communities seeking equitable access to local foods.
- Build capacity and supply chain for KAPA regional growers and protein producers to utilize the KAPA food hub to increase sales of products to low-income and other communities/consumers (food banks, retailers, etc.)
Deliverable: Business report to include financial structures, partnership and collaboration opportunities, and contract and other templates.